A surname is the oldest and most treasured family heirloom, allowing the possibility of viewing the history of ones ancestors well beyond the period recorded by genealogical records. Surnames history study requires specialist expertise, while surname origin and distribution research can add greatly to your family history, as can surname meanings.
• Surnames history overview
• Detailed surname histories in book or booklet form
• Surnames distribution as a genealogy tool
• Surnames research as a tool for yDNA surname studies
• Research and lecturing for clan associations and gatherings
• Guest lecturing on genealogy and heritage subjects
This Irish surnames history service is based on my qualification as a doctor of medieval history, and as such is unique.
Speaker at the Friends of Medieval Dublin symposium, 25 May (see their Facebook page)
Speaker at the Buttevant conference, 16 June
Speaker at the McCarthy historical weekend, Dunmanway, Co. Cork, June 1
Speaker at the O’Sullivan clan gathering, Sneem, Co. Kerry, June 14
Plenary speaker at the Corkery Summer School, Inchigeelagh, 14 July
Speaker on the FitzGeralds at the Rediscovering Medieval Ireland symposium in Trinity College Dublin, 13-14 September